The Terraspark Boots are an accessory you can get in pre-hardmode. They are the final upgrade of many boots including the Hermes Boots, Sailfish Boots, Flurry Boots, Dunerider Boots, Lava Waders, and Water Walking Boots.
They provide the benefits of all items used in their crafting tree. They raise your base speed from 15 mph to 34 mph. They are the same as the Frostspark boots but have the benefits of the Lava Waders. With them equipped, you can land on any liquid surface without taking fall damage.
All the lava immunity-related items stack with the Terraspark Boots to increase lava immunity by 7 seconds each, up to a total maximum of 42 seconds if you have all the items equipped (the Lava Charm, the Lava Waders, the Molten Charm, the Hellfire Treads, and the Demonic Hellcart).
How to get them
To get them, you have to craft them at a Tinkerer’s Workshop by combining the Frostspark Boots and the Lava Waders.
The Frostspark Boots can be obtained by combining most of the boots you can get in pre-hardmode.
First, you have to get the Rocket Boots. You can buy them from the Goblin Tinkerer. It’s an NPC you can find in the Caverns after defeating the Goblin Army. The first time you find him, he will be tied with ropes, so you have to talk to him to untie him. Then, he will be able to come to live in your world if there’s a house available for him. The Rocket Boosts cost 8 Gold Coins.
Then, you have to craft the Spectre Boots. You can craft at a Tinkerer’s Workshop them using Rocket Boots and other boots including Dunerider Boots, Flurry Boots, Hermes Boots, or Sailfish Boots:
- Hermes Boots can be found in Chests in the Underground and the Caverns. When equipped, they allow you to gain movement speed after running for a certain distance continuously. Then, the speed continues to increase until a maximum of 40% more than your normal speed. There is an aesthetic effect making you leave a trail of some dust clouds when you run.
- Dunerider Boots can be found in the Underground Desert, in Sandstone Chests. They increase your movement speed when you’re running on Sand Blocks or Sandstone Blocks up to 53 mph. They also have the same effect as Hermes Boots.
- Flurry Boots can be found in Frozen Chests in the Underground Snow biome. You can also find them in Frozen Crates and Boreal Crates. They have the same effect as Hermes Boots. The trail you leave when running is made of blue particles.
- Sailfish Boots can be found in Wooden Crates and Iron Crates. They have the same effect as Hermes Boots, the only difference being that the trail you generate when running is made of water particles instead of dust clouds.
Once you’ve crafted the Spectre Boots, you need an Aglet and an Anklet of the Wind to craft the Lightning Boots at a Tinkerer’s Workshop. To know how to find an Aglet, you can check this article: HOW TO GET AN AGLET FAST IN TERRARIA (FULL GUIDE 2022). To find an Anklet of the Wind, you need to explore the Jungle because it can be found in Ivy Chests, located in Jungle Shrines. You can also find it in Bramble Crates or Jungle Crates.
Now, you just need to find Ice Skates and combine them with the Lightning Boots to craft the Frostspark Boots. You can find Ice Skates in Frozen Chests in the Ice biome. You can also find them in Frozen Crates and Boreal Crates. They allow you to have better mobility when you’re on Ice Blocks. You accelerate faster, slide shorter distances, don’t break Ice Blocks when you fall on them, etc…
Now, the last remaining step to craft the Terraspark Boots is to craft the Lava Waders.
There are many recipes to craft the Lava Waders. Most of them will require an Obsidian Skull, a Lava Charm, an Obsidian Rose, and Water Walking Boots.
To get an Obsidian Skull, you have to craft it at a Furnace using 20 Obsidian. You can find Obsidian in the Underworld, or you can make Obsidian Blocks yourself by mixing water and lava. Then you just have to mine these blocks to get Obsidian. The Obsidian Skull allows you to avoid taking damage when standing on blocks such as Hellstone Ores or Meteorites Ores.
To get a Lava Charm, you have to explore the lower layer of the Caverns, where lava pools are generated, to find them in the Chests. You can also get it from Underworld-related crates. This accessory grants lava immunity for 7 seconds when equipped.
Water Walking Boots are an item you can find in Water Chests. You can also find them in Seaside Crates or Ocean Crates. They allow you to walk on water and honey. They are rare, and eventually, you will have to create several worlds if you want to find them in the Water Chests located in the Ocean.
The Obsidian Rose is an accessory you can get by fighting Fire Imps. They have a 2% chance to drop it. It’s an accessory reducing lava damage you take from 80 base damage to 35 base damage.
By combining these items at a Tinkerer’s Workshop, you will be able to craft the Lava Waders, which are boots allowing you to walk on all the liquids in the game (water, lava, and honey) and allowing you to stay submerged in lava for 7 seconds without taking any damage. This bonus can stack with other lava immunity items.
Once you have the Lava Waders and the Frostspark Boots, you can just combine them at a Tinkerer’s Workshop to craft the Terraspark Boots.
Terraspark Boots or Amphibian Boots
Terraspark Boots can look like the more powerful pre-hardmode boots you can get. But are they still useful once you enter hardmode and unlock wings? Yes, they are, but there is a better alternative such as the Amphibian Boots.
To get Amphibian Boots, you have to craft them by combining the Sailfish Boots and a Frog Leg (you can get it from fishing). They provide the benefits of these two accessories, meaning they grant the following effects:
- Your ascend speed is increased by 48%.
- You can automatically jump while your “Jump” key is held.
- You can fall from higher without taking damage. The base height you can fall is 25 blocks, however with the Amphibian Boots, you can fall from 40 blocks without taking any damage.
- You run faster, up to 30 mph.
The Amphibian Boots are very different than the Terraspark Boots. While they allow you to have better vertical mobility, which can be useful for events or boss fights, the Terraspark Boots seem better for spelunking and exploration through your world. Also, the Amphibian Boots stack with Wings, so once you enter hardmode and unlock Wings, they are preferred. Finally, Amphibian Boots are easier to craft than Terraspark Boots, so it’s a great choice for the very early game.