Terraria (Wiki): Meteor Shot
In this page, you will learn everything about the Meteor Shot. That includes how the ammunition works, ways of obtaining, some useful tips and tricks for maximized efficiency, and more.
Everything you need to know
In Pre-Hardmode, Meteor Shots are accessible and easily an excellent ammunition for clearing hordes of hostiles. It pierces another target, bounces back from a wall, and can even find Floating Islands. Enemies and bosses with segmented bodies are best countered with Meteor Shots, as 2x damage will be dealt.
Strengths & Weaknesses of the Meteor Shot
- An excellent option in Pre-Hardmode.
- Can pierce an enemy or bounce from a solid block.
- A viable bullet for finding Floating Islands.
- Can only pierce an enemy or bounce from a solid block, but not both.
- May grant invincibility frames to enemies (3DS, old-gen consoles).
- Stronger bullets exist in Hardmode like High Velocity and Nano.
How to get the Meteor Shot
At Iron Anvil or Lead Anvil, combine Meteor Bar (1) and Musket Ball (70) to produce Meteor Shots (70).
Stats & Attributes of the Meteor Shot
General Type: Ranged
Damage value: 8 (desktop, mobile, console) / 9 (3DS, old-gen consoles) Health Points
Sell-Value: 1 Copper Coin
Buy-Value: Not sold
Required Research: 99
Velocity Multiplier: 2x
Special Properties: None