How to get coins
There are 3 main ways to get coins:
- As a drop from every enemy
- Finding them as loot while exploring. (Pots, Chests, Coin Portals)
- Collecting Tax from the Tax Collector NPC.
Types of coins
There are 4 main types of coins:
- Copper Coins (Least Valuable)
- Silver Coins
- Gold Coins
- Platinum Coins (Most Valuable)
Each coin can be crafted using 100 of the previous denomination, e.g. 1 Silver Coin can be crafted using 100 copper, and vice versa.
The BEst way to store coins
There are many places to store coins to prevent them from dropping upon your death. These come in the form of portable storages. When buying things from NPCs, you don’t even need to take the coins out of storage, as the game does that for you!
The following methods are the best ways to store coins:
- Piggy Bank (Can be bought from Merchant for 1 Gold)
- Money Trough (0.5% drop chance to drop from Blood Zombies or Dripplers)
- Safe (Can be bought from Merchant for 20 Gold after defeating Skeletron)
- Defenders Forge (Can be bought from the Tavernkeep)
The Tax Collector
The Tax Coller is a Hardmode NPC which can move in after you use Purification Powder on a Tortured Soul, which is an enemy that can be found in the Underworld.
He earns 50 Copper for every NPC who has suitable housing every in-game hour (1 minute), and stores these funds until the player comes and collects them. His tax limit is dependent on his happiness. The happier he is, the higher his earnings and his collection limit are.
|Likes||Snow||Princess, Party Girl|
|Dislikes||The Hallow||Demolitionist, Mechanic|
The coin gun
The Coin Gun is a powerful weapon that is very rarely dropped by the following enemies:
- Any Pirate invasion enemy (1/8000 chance)
- Pirate Captain (1/2000 chance)
- The Flying Dutchman (1/400 chance)
|Damage||0 (Damage is based on coins used)|
|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use Time||8 (Insanely Fast)|
Each type of coin has a different Damage and Velocity value. The more expensive the coin is, the higher the Damage and Velocity.