The Demolitionist is an NPC who sells a plethora of different explosives. He can be spawned if the player has an explosive in their inventory. He takes the form of a dwarf, and is noticeable smaller than other NPCs. His explosives are very useful to clear out Corrupt/Crimson blocks in pre-Hardmode, and can also be used for mining.
- A player has at least one explosive in their inventory. (Grenades do not count)
- There is a Merchant in the World.
- There is an empty house in the World.
|Dislikes||Ocean||Goblin Tinkerer, Arms Dealer|
Note: Prices may change based on NPC happiness
|Grenade||75 Copper||Always||Throwable that deals 60 ranged damage.|
|Bomb||3 Silver||Always||Explosive that deals 100 damage and destroys tiles. Mainly used for mining. Has a 3 second fuse.|
|Dynamite||20 Silver||Always||Explosive that deals 250 damage and destroys a lot of tiles. Mainly used for mining. Has a 5 second fuse.|
|Hellfire Arrow||1 Silver||Hardmode||Arrow that deals 13 damage. Creates a small explosion upon impact.|
|Explosive Powder||12 Silver||Hardmode||Crafting Material|
|Land Mine||5 Gold||After defeating Plantera and a Pirate Invasion||Powerful placeable items that explode when touched or activated, dealing 250 damage.|
|Dry Bomb||25 Silver||When the Player has a Dry Bomb in their inventory||Soaks up liquid when thrown|
|Wet Bomb||25 Silver|
When the Player has a Wet Bomb in their inventory
|Spreads Water when thrown|
|Lava Bomb||25 Silver|
When the Player has a Lava Bomb in their inventory
|Spreads Lava when thrown|
|Honey Bomb||25 Silver|
When the Player has a Honey Bomb in their inventory
|Spreads Honey when thrown|
|Pylon||10 Gold||When Happy enough||Allows the player to teleport from one Pylon to another.|
Notes & Lore
- The Demolitionist replaces the guide in the seed “For the Worthy”
- Grenades sold by the Demolitionist is a very useful weapon to use against early game bosses.
- The Demolitionist seems to have a rivalry with the Arms Dealer, as seen from their quotes.
- Several of the Demolitionist’s names are references to famous dwarves from fiction.
Tread carefully around this dwarf. The Demolitionist is an explosive fanatic and sells dangerous things that go ‘Boom!’
Why is the Demolitionist not spawning?
- Make sure you have a Merchant in your world, as it is one of the main requirements for the Demolitionist to spawn. You also need at least 1 explosive in your inventory! Grenades and “Explosives” (Item) do not count.
How can I make the Demolitionist Happier?
- It is recommended to put the Demolitionist with the Tavernkeep underground, as they both Love each other.