How to obtain a Pylon
Every pylon with the exception of the Universal Pylon can be bought from NPCs (10 Gold Each) when the following requirements have been met:
- At least 2 NPCs living in close proximity to one another.
- The player is not in the Crimson or Corruption biome.
- The NPC that you are buying the Pylon from must be Happy (sale modifier of 90% or better)
How to teleport to a Pylon
The player can teleport to a Pylon when the following requirements are met:
- Both Pylons are in the correct biome
- There are at least 2 NPCs near each Pylon
The player can then access the Pylon by right clicking on it and then clicking on the target Pylon in the map.
*Note: Universal Pylons do not need NPCs near them to function.
Types of Pylons
Different types of Pylons can be bought in different biomes.
(From left to right) Forest, Desert, Jungle, Snow, Hallow, Ocean, Caverns, Mushroom, Universal
|Type||Price||How it is Obtained|
|Forest||10 Gold||Bought in the Forest Biome|
|Desert||10 Gold||Bought in the Desert Biome|
|Jungle||10 Gold||Bought in the Jungle Biome|
|Snow||10 Gold||Bought in the Snow Biome|
|Hallow||10 Gold||Bought in the Hallow Biome|
|Ocean||10 Gold||Bought in the Ocean Biome|
|Caverns||10 Gold||Bought in the Caverns or Underground Biome|
|Mushroom||10 Gold||Bought in the Mushroom Biome|
|Universal||1 Platinum||Bought from the Zoologist after you have completed 100% of the Bestiary.|
Tips and Tricks
- Pylons still work during boss fights.
- Pylons can still be used during the Lunar Event, making it easier to travel around the world to defeat the pillars.
- Cavern Pylons are some of the most useful Pylons in the game, as the area that it can be used in is very large.
- Cavern Pylons can also be placed in the Underground biome.