Terraria (Wiki): Vilethorn
Everything you need to know
The Vilethorn attacks with a spear-like projectile that extends for 15 tiles. It boasts wall and enemy-piercing capabilities, indispensable at fending off and stun-locking enemies caught within the projectile. The Vilethorn is one of the best pre-Hardmode Area Effect Magic Weapons, as it can damage enemies behind any cover and is exceptionally mana-efficient. Although the player may suffer quick mana depletion in the early game, the Mythical modifier and related accessories with buffs could solve the issue. When used, the Vilethorn's spear-like projectile lasts for 1.5s, hitting an enemy 7x in quick succession.
Type of Weapon: Others
Strengths & Weaknesses of the Vilethorn
- Great for segmented enemies and bosses.
- Great for holding off invasions.
- Great for enemies with high defense.
- Can stun-lock enemies.
- Projectile pierces and damages enemies behind any cover.
- Unable to compete against other Hardmode Magic Weapons of the same category.
- Fairly slow attack speed.
How to get the Vilethorn
Stats & Attributes of the Vilethorn
General Type: Magic Weapon
Damage value: 10 Health Points
Sell-Value: 1 Gold Coin & 50 Silver Coins (desktop, mobile, console) / 20 Silver Coins (3DS, old-gen consoles)
Buy-Value: Not sold
Critical Size: 4%
Use Time: 28
Required Research: 1
Special Properties: None