Terraria (Wiki): Katana
Everything you need to know
The Katana is a melee weapon that pierces enemies.
The Katana changes in the worlds of Don't dig up (desktop, console, mobile) and Get fixed boi (desktop, console, mobile) are as follows:
- Changed places with the Keybrand. As a result, it is no longer sold by the Traveling Merchant but rather dropped by the Rusty Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Blue Armored Bones (0.5%).
- Damage increased from 18 to 150.
- Use time reduced from 20 to 15
- Critical strike probability increased from 19% to 33%.
- Value increased from 10GC to 20GC.
A Katana can autoswing. Its attack reaches four tiles in radius. At an optimal distance, the Katana can pierce three enemies. However, multiple bodies will be damaged should they all line up for the player.
When normally used, the Katana will not emit light, and attacks do not go through walls. It has the highest critical chance, making it extremely useful for waves of enemies. It has autoswing and a base critical strike chance of 19% instead of the usual 4%.
Combat-wise, the Katana is quite useful as it has very good stats. It is acquirable extremely early in the game and has impressive stats for an early-game sword. All Flask items will imbue their unique effects since the Katana is a melee weapon.
The Katana is excellent for clearing out hordes of flying enemies by pushing them back before they strike because of its size and the fact that it autoswings.
The Katana is best modified with Legendary for overall stats improvement.
Strengths & Weaknesses of the Katana
- Easy to obtain.
- Good enough against hordes of enemies.
- Highest critical chance.
- Weak knockback.
- Better melee weapons exist for waves of enemies.
How to get the Katana
The Katana is sold for 10 Gold Coins (desktop, mobile, console) / 2 Silver Coins & 50 Copper Coins (old-gen consoles) by the Traveling Merchant. It can be obtained as early as Pre-Hardmode.
Stats & Attributes of the Katana